Tiger Fry Batter for Seafood
2 pounds fish or chicken
- 2 pounds fresh fish, shrimp, or chicken strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 2/3 cups Swans Down®️ Cake Flour, plus ½ cup for dredging
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Try Me®️ Tiger Sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) lager beer
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Tiger Remoulade Sauce, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Season the fish on all sides with salt and ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Combine in a shallow bowl, the remaining teaspoon cayenne pepper, cake flour, cornstarch and whisk well.
- Combine the Tiger Sauce, egg and beer, in another shallow bowl and whisk well. Add the egg and beer mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Place the remaining flour in a shallow bowl.
- Preheat vegetable oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat to 350℉.
- Dredge the fish in the remaining ½ cup flour and shake off any excess before dredging in batter.
- Fry fish, shrimp or chicken strips until golden brown 2 to 3 minutes depending on the size of the fish. Transfer to a platter season with additional salt and pepper. Serve with Tiger Remoulade Sauce and lemon wedges.