Mix some Blue Plate® Mayonnaise into the ground turkey before grilling or pan frying to make turkey burgers that are extra juicy and delicious. These burgers are dressed to the nines with sweet onion, watercress, tomato and avocado.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ¼ cup finely grated sweet onion (discard any liquid from onions), plus extra slices to dress burgers
- 2 tablespoons Blue Plate® Mayonnaise, plus extra to dress burgers
- 1 tablespoon white Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices provolone, cheddar or jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 bunch watercress, washed
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- PLACE turkey, grated onion, Blue Plate® Mayonnaise, Worcestershire, Dijon, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
- FORM four patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- HEAT a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. (If using a grill, rub the grill with a little olive oil so burgers will not stick to grate.) Cook burgers for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until cooked through, depending on thickness of burgers.
- FLIP burgers over, top each with one slice of cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted.
- PLACE buns on a platter or clean work surface and generously spread mayonnaise on each top bun. Transfer burgers to bottom buns and dress with sliced onion, watercress, sliced tomato and avocado.
- SERVE burgers with a side salad, chips or fries.