Turkey Harvest Chili
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and minced
- 1 lb. butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1-½ c. turkey or chicken broth
- 1 package Carroll Shelby's® White Chicken Chili Kit
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 c. leftover cooked turkey, coarsely chunked
- Shredded Monterey jack cheese and toasted pumpkin seeds, for garnishing
- HEAT oil over medium-high heat in a large pot. Add onion, carrots, and squash; sauté for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and turkey (or chicken) broth. Add large Spices packet from Carroll Shelby’s Chili Mix, Cayenne Pepper packet, and salt to taste. Simmer 5 minutes.
- ADD beans and turkey. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender (25 to 30 minutes).
- LADLE hot chili into bowls, and garnish with cheese and toasted pumpkin seeds.