- 2 - onions, chopped
- 2 - garlic cloves, press olive oil
- 1 or 2 - carrots, peeled and sliced or diced
- peppers, chopped
- 3 - 4 cans (15.5 ounce) - black beans, cannellini beans, kidney beans, chilli beans, drained
- 2 large cans (1 pound 12 - tomatoes, no spices, crushed, diced, or whole
- fresh tomatoes, summer season
- frozen corn (optional)
- 1 package - Wick Fowler Chili, season to taste, use salt to your discretion (toss out the masa flour powder)
- shredded cheddar (optional)
- Saute onions, garlic and carrot until softened a bit.
- Add peppers and cook till everything gets a little more tender.
- Add beans, tomatoes, and chili mix. Cook to a boil.
- Add ½ small bag of corn. Simmer for about 20 mins.
Serve with brown rice. (The Chinese place on Hope Rd. makes brown rice- just pick up a qt. in a pinch) Top with some shredded cheddar for a great flavor!