Wick Fowler Chili Salad
4 to 6 servings
- 1 box Wick Fowler's 2-Alarm Chili Kit
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth or water
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Prepare chili kit according to package directions, using the masa, and reserving ¼ teaspoon of the chili powder.
- Spread lettuce on a platter. Top with chili, cheese and tomatoes. Arrange avocado around the edge. Stir sour cream with reserved chili powder, lime juice and a pinch of salt and . Drizzle sour cream over top. Crush a few handfuls of tortilla chips over top.
- Serve with more tortilla chips for scooping.