Makes 2 loaves or 1 round (tube pan) cake.
- PREHEAT oven to 325º.
- BUTTER and lightly flour two 9-inch loaf pans (or you can use one 10-inch tube pan).
- SIFT Swans Down Cake Flour, then lightly spoon into measuring cup for 3 cups.
- CREAM butter and gradually add sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
- SIFT the sifted cake flour with baking powder and salt. Add eggs one at a time to creamed mixture, blending after each addition.
- ADD flour mixture alternately with milk and extracts, blending after each addition until smooth. (Do not over mix as this will yield a dry cake.)
- POUR into prepared pan(s).
- BAKE at 325º for approx. 1 hour and 15-25 minutes. (If using loaf pans, test at 1 hour and 15 minutes and see if the cake tester comes out clean. For tube pan, you might need the full 25 minutes.)
- COOL in pan(s) 15 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan(s) and finish cooling on rack.