1-2-3-4 Pound Cake (Our Most Requested Recipe)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) – Unsalted butter or margarine
- 2 cups – White granulated sugar
- 3 cups – Sifted Swans Down Cake Flour
- 4 – Large eggs, room temp.
- 3/4 cups – Milk (whole or low fat)
- 2 tsp. – Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. – salt
- 1 tsp. – vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. – almond extract
PREHEAT oven to 325º.
BUTTER and lightly flour 10 inch tube pan.
SIFT Swans Down Cake Flour, then lightly spoon into measuring cup for 3 cups.
CREAM butter and gradually add sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
SIFT the sifted cake flour with baking powder and salt. Add eggs one at a time to creamed mixture blending after each addition.
ADD flour mixture alternately with milk and extracts, blending after each addition until smooth. (Do not over mix as this will yield a dry cake)
POUR into prepared pan. Bake at 325º for approx. 1 hour and 25 minutes or until tester inserted into cake comes out clean.
COOL in pan 15 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.