Back to top
Use the Swans Down Basic Butter Cupcakes recipe to create these adorable rabbit ears cupcakes. They’re easy to make and a great project to do with the kids for Easter – or just to celebrate spring.
- 12 freshly baked Basic Butter Cupcakes
- 1 batch American Buttercream Frosting
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 12 standard-size marshmallows
- 12 mini marshmallows
- Sugar sprinkles
- Frost cupcakes with buttercream using an ice cream scoop to create a mound on top. Reserve 1/2 cup of buttercream for attaching marshmallows.
- Dip frosted cupcakes into shredded coconut.
- Cut the marshmallows in half on the diagonal and dip cut edges into sugar sprinkles.
Dip mini marshmallows quickly in water and coat with sprinkles for the “tail.”
- Place reserved buttercream frosting in a small pastry bag and pipe small mounds of frosting on cupcakes to use to attach and anchor the “ears” and “tail.”