Hibiscus Planter’s Punch
Planter’s Punch is the quintessential tropical drink. It is thought that in Louisiana, Planter’s Punch was made with rum, grenadine and seltzer. In this version we replaced the grenadine with another tropical ingredient – a tart-sweet syrup you can make with cane sugar and Luzianne® Iced Hibiscus Tea.
- 2 ounces Jamaican rum
- 1 ounce Hibiscus Syrup
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 or 2 dashes El Guapo Love Potion No. 9 Bitters
- Soda water, to top it off
- PLACE ice, rum, syrup, lime juice, lemon juice and bitters in a cocktail shaker.
- SHAKE until chilled; pour into a 12-ounce, ice-filled collins glass.
- FILL with soda water, stir gently and serve.