Back to top
For brunch, a potluck or a game day party spread, this Louisiana style quiche bakes the meats and seasonings of a spicy jambalaya into a delicious savory pie. Serve with a side salad for an easy meal.
- 1 pie shell, 8-inch, unbaked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup smoked andouille or sausage, 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line the pie shell with parchment and pie weights and bake for 8 minutes, then remove weights and parchment paper and bake for 4 to 5 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 350℉.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat and when hot, add sausage and cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Add ham, onion, bell peppers, garlic, paprika, and cayenne; cook and stir for 3 minutes longer.
- Combine eggs, mayonnaise and heavy cream in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spread the sausage and onion mixture in the bottom of the pie shell. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage mixture and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.