Mississippi Style Pork Roast
4 to 6 servings
Get out the Instant Pot® or your favorite pressure cooker because Carroll Shelby’s® White Chicken Chili Kit makes it easy to put together this pot roast. Any leftovers make great pan-fried carnitas for tacos or a dynamite po-boy.
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) pork shoulder roast or Boston butt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package Carroll Shelby’s® White Chicken Chili Kit
- 1 jar whole or sliced pepperoncini peppers, with juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- SEAR roast on all sides, using the sauté function on an electric pressure cooker. Once meat is nicely browned, select Cancel.
- ADD 2 of the 4 Carroll Shelby’s® White Chicken Chili Kit spice packets (omit the cayenne and masa packets), dusting liberally over seared roast.
- ADD 4 to 5 whole (or about 1/3 jar of sliced) pepperoncini over the roast. (It’s okay if some peppers fall to the bottom of the pot.) SPLASH in about 1/4 cup pepperoncini juice and 1/4 cup water.
- PLACE butter on top of roast.
- SET pressure cooker on high for 75 minutes (or up to 90 minutes for extra tender roast).
- ONCE timer beeps, allow pressure cooker to naturally release steam for 20 minutes, then quick release remaining steam.
- OPEN lid carefully and transfer roast to serving platter. Shred roast using 2 forks.
- POUR cooking liquid around and over roast, or serve on the side.