Back to top
Pecan Pie Baked in a Jar
Who doesn’t want a pecan pie all to themselves? Make a tender pie crust with Swans Down® Cake Flour, assemble these individual pecan pies and keep them covered in the fridge; they’ll be ready to pop in the oven at the last minute for the freshest dessert ever.
Flaky Pie Dough
- 2 1⁄2 cups of Swans Down® Cake Flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ pounds (3 sticks) unsalted butter, cubed and refrigerator cold
- ¼ to 1/2 cup ice water
Pecan Pie Filling
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoons Swan Down® Cake flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- MAKE PIE DOUGH: Place flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the cold butter and work it into the flour mixture with your fingers until the butter and flour resemble course sand. Do not over work the dough; it’s ok to have flakes of butter showing. (It will add to the flakiness of the dough.) Add the cold water a tablespoon at a time. Keep adding until the dough comes together when squeezed.
- FORM a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes so the dough can rest.
- MAKE FILLING: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- PLACE the flour, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, salt, cinnamon and melted butter into a food processor and mix until all the ingredients until smooth and fully incorporated.
- REMOVE from the refrigerator, once the dough is rested.
- DIVIDE into 1.5 ounce pieces.
- ROLL out the dough into round circles.
- LINE 12 half pint mason jars with the dough, making sure the dough goes all the way up to the rim of the jar.
- CHILL the pastry lined jars in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- FILL the chilled jars with 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of chopped pecans. Top with 1⁄4 cup of the pie filling.
- BAKE for 40 to 45 minutes or until the tops are browned and domed.