Quick BBQ Pork Sandwiches
6 to 8 sandwiches
Shredded pork seasoned with Carroll Shelby’s famous spice mix can be used for sandwiches, tacos, burritos, nachos and more. Make a big batch and freeze in portions perfect for a quick snack or meal.
- 1 box Carroll Shelby’s® White Chicken Chili Kit
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 3 1/2 pounds pork butt, bone-in
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons Blue Plate®️ Mayonnaise
- 6 hamburger buns
- Broccoli Slaw with Alabama Style BBQ Sauce optional
- Make Spice Rub: Combine all Chili Kit Spice Packets (not including the Masa Packet) in a bowl with brown sugar, garlic, salt, smoked paprika and chili powder and mix well.
- Coat pork butt with spice rub, cover and let stand in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours and up to overnight. When ready to cook, remove from refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Prepare Pork: Turn an electric pressure cooker to the sauté setting on high, then set the timer to 10 minutes. Add vegetable oil; when hot, add meat, fatty side down, and brown on all sides.
- Add water or chicken broth to pot. Lock the lid into place and make sure the valve is sealed. Set to cook on high pressure for 45 minutes. When done, let the pressure release naturally.
- Transfer pork to a rimmed baking sheet. Using 2 forks, shred meat into bite-size pieces and discard bone and any large chunks of fat. Return pork to pot with the juices and let stand for an hour so it can absorb some of the juices.
- Assemble Sandwiches: Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on the bottom half of each bun. Divide the pork evenly between the buns, top with slaw, if desired, place top buns on and serve.