Roasted Turkey California Sandwich
- 1 ½ pounds turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 slices sprouted whole grain bread
- ½ cup Avocado Mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves, preferably Romaine hearts or butter lettuce
- ½ English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sprouts or microgreens
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 strips cooked bacon, cut in half (optional)
- PREHEAT the oven to 400℉. Rub the turkey breast with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper. Cook the turkey for 30 to 35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center of the breast reads 160℉. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. The turkey will continue to cook after coming out of the oven. Once cool enough to handle, thinly slice the turkey. Set aside until ready to use.
- TOAST the bread and then lay it out on a clean work surface.
- SPREAD Avocado Mayonnaise on each piece of toast. Top half of the bread with lettuce, cucumber, sprouts, tomatoes and cooked bacon. Top with the sliced turkey. Close sandwiches and cut in half.