Back to top
Smoked Trout Deviled Eggs
Creamy egg yolk and mayonnaise folded with flakes of smoked trout and smoky-sweet paprika make an elegant deviled egg platter that is sure to be the hit of any gathering.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup smoked trout, flaked
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
- Chives, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Halve each egg lengthwise. Carefully remove yolks and transfer them to a fine mesh strainer set over a bowl. Transfer whites to a platter. Using a rubber spatula, press yolks through the strainer. Add mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and cayenne. Whisk or stir vigorously with spatula until smooth.
- Fold in flaked smoked trout, reserving a small amount for garnish. Transfer mixture to a piping bag and pipe the mixture into the well of each egg white.
- Garnish with smoked paprika, chives and the remaining flaked trout.