Sour Cream Pound Cake
3 sticks - salted butter, softened
3 cups - sugar
8 ounces - sour cream
6 - eggs
3 cups - sifted SWANS DOWN Cake Flour
2 teaspoons - butter flavoring (or vanilla extract)
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease and lightly flour one 10 inch tube pan.
- Sift SWANS DOWN Cake Flour, lightly spoon into measuring cup for 3 cups.
- In large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar and sour cream; mix until creamy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended, add in butter flavor.
- Gently blend in SWANS DOWN Cake Flour until blended. (Do not over blend as this will yield a dry cake)
- Bake approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a long tester inserted into middle of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.