Back to top
Spicy Cilantro Flank Steak Rice Bowl
4 Bowls (or Wraps)
This flavorful bowl is a great make-ahead lunch – quick to assemble and easy to customize. Or, turn your bowl into a wrap: spread a tortilla with Blue Plate® Go Bold Spicy Cilantro Sauce, cut the red peppers into strips and layer with the steak, grilled vegetables and a little rice. Top with an extra squeeze of sauce and lunch is ready!
- 1 pound flank steak (or sirloin tip steak)
- 1 ½ cups Blue Plate® Go Bold Spicy Cilantro Sauce, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 large red peppers
- ½ pound snow peas (or sugar snap peas)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (1-pint) carton cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups warm cooked brown rice
- MARINATE steak in ½ cup of the Blue Plate® Go Bold Spicy Cilantro Sauce at room temperature for 25 minutes.
- TRIM tough ends of asparagus spears. Cut sides of red pepper to create 4 large rectangles each, discarding stem, core and seeds. Trim stems of peas.
- HEAT a grill pan (or outdoor grill) to medium high. Remove steak from marinade and grill to desired temperature. Remove from pan, slice into thin strips on the diagonal and set aside.
- GRILL asparagus, peppers and peas in grill pan until just tender, remove and set aside. Add vegetable oil to pan and lightly saute cherry tomatoes until they just start to burst.
- TOSS brown rice with ½ cup of Blue Plate® Go Bold Spicy Cilantro Sauce and place in bottom of 4 bowls (or wraps). Arrange steak slices and vegetables on top and drizzle with remaining Blue Plate® Go Bold Spicy Cilantro Sauce.