Back to top
8 inch round cake or individual cakes
- 2 cups - sifted Presto
- 2 teaspoons - granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup - margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup - milk
- 3 cups - sweetened fresh or frozen strawberries
- Mix Presto and sugar together. Cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Add milk, mixing to a soft dough.
- Divide dough in half on floured surface. Roll out each half to form an 8 inch circle.
- Place one circle in a greased and floured 8 inch round cake pan, brush with melted butter, and place second circle on top.
- Bake in 450° oven for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool.
- Split circles of shortcake and spread fruit between layers and on top. Serve with whipped cream.
NOTE: Individual shortcakes may be made using the same recipe. Pat the dough to 1/2 inch thickness and cut into rounds with a 2 1/2 - 3 inch biscuit cutter. Place on greased baking sheet and proceed as above.