A hint of cayenne pepper gives this homemade tartar sauce some Louisiana flavor. Make it in no time flat to serve on the side at a fish fry, as a dip for boiled seafood or to dress a fried seafood po-boy. This tasty condiment can be made up to 4 days ahead and stored in the fridge.
- 1 1/2 cups Blue Plate®️ Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cornichons
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- COMBINE mayonnaise, onion, cornichons, shallot, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate sauce for at least 1 hour before serving. The sauce can be made and stored in the refrigerator up to 4 days in advance.