Tiger Sauce Stove-Top Baked Beans
4 to 6 servings
Homemade baked beans are always better, and Tiger Sauce makes it simple, providing just the right amount of sweet heat. An essential side dish for game-day or holiday grilling, potlucks and picnics.
- 6 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 (16-ounce) cans navy beans
- 3 tablespoons Tiger Sauce® (more if you like it hot)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Cilantro and onions, for garnish
- Cook bacon in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat until crisp. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Add onion to pan and season with salt. Cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Add beans with the liquid, Add Tiger Sauce, ketchup, mustard, molasses and vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 more minutes, until thickened slightly and flavors combine.
- Stir in bacon and garnish with chopped cilantro and onions.