Back to top
- 1/2 cup French Market Coffee®️, your favorite blend, strongly brewed
- 1 tablespoon + 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Tia Maria® (or Kahlua® or other coffee liqueur)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Marsala sherry (or vanilla extract)
- 2 packages sponge ladyfingers
- Cocoa powder, for garnish
- COMBINE hot coffee, 1 tablespoon sugar and coffee liqueur in a shallow bowl and stir until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- WHISK egg yolks and remaining sugar in a separate bowl until thick and pale yellow and ribbons begin to form, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add mascarpone and whisk until smooth.
- WHISK cream and Marsala together in a third bowl until fluffy.
- FOLD whipped cream mixture into egg yolk mixture.
- DIP each ladyfinger into coffee liqueur mixture, wetting each side but not soaking.
- ARRANGE ladyfingers on the bottom and sides of 8 (4-ounce) glass jars. Cut ladyfingers to fit if needed.
- SPOON mascarpone mixture into jars to cover ladyfingers and sprinkle with cocoa powder. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.