Carroll Shelby’s Quick Chili Mole with Black Beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 Carroll Shelby's® Chili Kit
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- one 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef stock or water
- One 14.5 ounce can black beans, drained
- HEAT olive oil in a large Dutch oven and when hot, add beef in batches to brown. Transfer to a bowl when brown. Repeat with remaining beef.
- ADD beef back to pot and add the spice packet, cayenne packet, cocoa powder, brown sugar, ground cinnamon to the pot and stir well. Add the tomato sauce and beef stock and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally.
- ADD black beans to the pot and continue to cook for 5 minutes longer or until warmed through. For a thicker chili, mix masa flour with ⅓ cups water or broth and stir in. Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.