Back to top
Chiffon Pineapple Upside Down Cake
8x8 inch square cake
- 1 tablespoon - butter
- 2 tablespoons - light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon - dark corn syrup
- 5 - 6 - small pineapple rings
- 3/4 cup - sifted Presto
- 1/3 cup - sugar
- 3 tablespoons - corn oil
- 2 - egg yolks
- 1/4 cup - water
- 1/2 teaspoon - vanilla
- 2 - egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon - cream of tartar
- Blend butter, brown sugar and dark corn syrup. Spread in bottom of 8x8x2 inch cake pan.
- Arrange pineapple slices over mixture.
- Bake in 325° oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- In mixing bowl, sift Presto and sugar. Make well in center and add corn oil, egg yolks, water and vanilla in order. Beat with spoon till smooth.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar til mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Gently fold batter mixture into egg whites, blending well. (Fold, do not stir) Carefully pour over pour over pineapple mixture.
- Bake in 325° oven about 45 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly with finger.
- Immediately invert cake onto serving plate.