Coffee and Balsamic Lamb and Vegetables
- 1 cup freshly brewed French Market® Coffee St. Charles Blend Dark Roast coffee
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or fig-infused balsamic vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 small button mushrooms
- 16 small cherry tomatoes
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 16 pieces
- Fresh pita bread, for serving
- Minty Yogurt Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or chopped preserved lemon)
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- WHISK together the coffee, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, rosemary, olive oil in a medium-sized bowl. Add the lamb pieces, button mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and fennel and marinate, at room temperature, for 1 to 2 hours.
- REMOVE the lamb from the marinade and skewer the lamb, button mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and fennel alternating evenly on 8 metal or wooden skewers.
- CLEAN and oil the grill grates before using.
- PREHEAT the grill to medium-high. Transfer the skewers to the grill and cook, turning regularly, to desired doneness, about 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare to medium.
- COMBINE all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- SERVE the skewers with Minty Yogurt Sauce and warm Pita Bread.