Pan-Fried Soft Shell Crabs with Sweet and Spicy Mayo
- 4 soft shell crabs, cleaned
- Sweet and Smoky Mayo, for serving
- Broccoli Slaw with Alabama BBQ Sauce , for serving
- 2 tablespoons Tiger®️ Habanero Lime Sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon green onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup Swans Down®️ Cake Flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or rice flour
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Combine the tiger sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, green onions and garlic and whisk well. Marinate the soft shell crabs for about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the crabs from the marinade and shake off any residual marinade.
- Preheat oil, in a cast iron skillet over medium heat, to 350℉.
- Set up 3 shallow pans for dredging. Combine half the cake flour and cornstarch in one pan. In a second pan combine the egg and milk and whisk well. Combine the remaining cake flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper in a third pan. Dredge the crabs in the first pan with the flour and cornstarch. Then dredge the crabs in the milk and egg mixture and then into the 3rd pan with the remaining flour mixture.
- Fry the crabs in batches for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with the Broccoli Slaw with Alabama BBQ Sauce and Sweet Smoky Mayo.