Veggie Fried Rice
4 to 6 servings
- 1 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or other flavorless oil
- 1 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup wild or exotic mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced into coins on a mandolin
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, brunoise or small dice
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups bok choy, Napa cabbage or baby spinach, chopped
- 3 cups long grain rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup scallions, minced
- 2 tablespoons Try Me® Tiger Sauce, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce or sriracha, plus more for serving
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat and when hot, add butter.
- As soon as it bubbles, add eggs, swirling the pan so that they cover the bottom. Cook until set, flipping halfway through. Transfer eggs to a cutting board and let cool. Slice eggs into long ribbons. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and when hot, add 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Add onions and cook, stirring or shaking the pan until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with eggs.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan, then add mushrooms and cook over high heat until golden brown on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with eggs and onions. Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and add carrots, bell pepper, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring or shaking pan for 3 to 5 minutes or until carrots are almost tender. Transfer veggies to the bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil to the pan, then add greens and cook over high heat for 1 minute. Add rice to the pan and stir occasionally until the rice begins to turn golden brown around the edges. Add scallions, Tiger Sauce, tamari, sesame oil and chili garlic sauce and toss well. Add eggs and vegetables back to the pan and cook until hot, another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with extra chili garlic sauce on the side, if desired.