Back to top
Strawberry Hibiscus Rum Freeze
Whether you want to cool down from the summer heat or you love a frozen drink anytime of year, enjoy your day by sipping on our delectable Strawberry Hibiscus Rum Freeze, made with refreshing Luzianne® Hibiscus Iced Tea.
- 6 family-size bags Luzianne® Hibiscus Iced Tea
- 1 sprig basil (or lemon verbena) plus leaves for garnish
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled, quartered, plus 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries for garnish
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (or more) fine sugar
- 1 tablespoon (or more) fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces light rum, divided
- BRING 1½ cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in tea bags and basil sprig. Remove from heat, cover, and steep for 20 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl. Cover and place in fridge until cold, at least 1 hour. Place 4 glasses in freezer or fridge to chill.
- BLEND quartered strawberries in a blender until finely puréed. Transfer to a large bowl; add tea, sugar, 1 tablespoon lime juice and half of the rum. Season to taste, adding more sugar and lime juice, if desired.
- POUR strawberry mixture into a 13x9x2-inch metal pan and freeze until the top layer begins to harden, about 2 hours. Using a fork, scrape mixture, breaking the frozen bits into tiny pieces. Freeze for 30 minutes; scrape again. Repeat until granita resembles fluffy shaved ice, about 4 hours.
- DIVIDE among 4 chilled glasses. Top each with the remaining rum and stir. Garnish with basil leaves and diced strawberries and serve.