Texas Chili Bean 7-Layer Dip
8 to 10 servings
Always a game-day crowd favorite, this dip is the one that’s gone before half-time. Customize it the Carroll Shelby way with just the right amount of his chili spice mix.
- 2 1/2 cups Texas Pinto Beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Carroll Shelby’s® Chili Kit
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole (we used Tiger Guac)
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Corn or tortilla chips, for serving
- Smash half of the beans using a potato masher. Spread the beans in an even layer in the bottom of an 8x10-inch serving dish.
- Measure 2 tablespoons of the Chili Kit Spice Packet (reserve the remainder for another use) and combine it with sour cream, lime juice and zest in a small bowl and mix well. Spread the sour cream mixture over the pinto beans.
- Add a layer of guacamole over the sour cream, then a layer of salsa over the guacamole. Cover the salsa with shredded lettuce and sprinkle with the grated cheeses.
- Toss the grape tomatoes and jalapeños with olive oil in a small bowl until they are coated, then sprinkle on top.
- Serve with corn or tortilla chips.