- 1/2 pound - ground or finely chopped turkey or chicken (exclude for vegetarian chili)
- 1 - medium diced onion
- 1 cup - celery, chopped
- 1 - medium bell pepper, diced small
- 1 - medium yellow squash, diced small
- 1 - medium zucchini, diced small
- 1 28-ounce can - diced tomato
- 1 15-ounce can - black beans
- 1 - WICK FOWLER'S 2-ALARM or FALSE ALARM CHILI KIT
- 1 12-ounce can - low sodium beef broth (vegetable broth for vegetarian chili)
- In a heavy skillet or pan brown turkey or chicken (optional) and onions (not too long).
- Add remaining ingredients, do not drain tomatoes or beans.
- Add Masa flour packet and red pepper, if desired, according to instructions on back of box.
- Cook on low 40 minutes or longer to soften the veggies.
Not in a hurry? This recipe can also be done in a slow cooker starting on high for 1 hour then switching to low for 2 to 4 hours.